Friday, May 3, 2013

There's a Potty in the House Tonight!


Does this really need an explanation?
I'm in remodel hell....I feel like I am eating pieces of drywall dust all day, I have men traipsing in and out of my home all day tracking dust and dirt everywhere.  The constant pounding of the hammer and sawing of the saws is about to send me over the edge.  My dog needs a Xanax because her nerves are shot.  To top it all off, I feel so responsible for the outcome of this project.  I was too naive    cheap to hire a designer, thinking this was just a simple job and I could handle it myself.  Nay...if there is one thing I've learned, it's let the professionals be the professionals.  The truth is, my hubby thought I was talented enough to design this project.  He has much more faith in me than I deserve.  This is a big deal...this is a lot of $$$$ and something we have to look at every single day from our throne a.k.a potty.  I have anguished over every detail until my eyeballs were bleeding.  I can pretty much tell you everything there is to know about toilets, faucets, bathtubs, tile, vents, electrical and on and on....I thought I had this whole thing locked up and was ready to just sit back and watch my bathroom come to life.
Then last night, at about 10:30 p.m.  my husband snuggles up next to me and starts grilling me..."what's the trajectory of the new shower panel?"  (my deer in headlights look was enough to let him know I clearly didn't know)  "Did you plan on the tile going all the way up to the ceiling, because you know our walls aren't straight?"  (my deer in headlights look was enough to let him know I clearly didn't know)  Why did you only get a 70 cfm vent when we probably need a 110 cfm (because the 70 was prettier???  duh!!!)  and on and on he droned until I shifted in bed, sat straight up and said, "LOOK...I ASKED YOU 2 MONTHS AGO TO HELP ME DESIGN THIS AND HELP ME SELECT EVERYTHING TO GO IN THIS SPACE AND YOU ARE GRILLING ME THE NIGHT BEFORE THEY START TO REBUILD THIS ROOM"   that's right my voice was in all caps and I might have started hyperventilating.....my hubby just cracked a big grin and said...just messing with you!!  I trust you...it's all good.  I could have clocked him right then and there!!!!! Snuggle time OVER!!!! 

No comments: