Friday, May 3, 2013

Baywatch: Scene 1


I had to go into full blown Baywatch mode to rescue my dog.  That's right, had you been spying on me, you might have seen me dashing from my back door about 20 feet to my pool to pull my drowning puppy out.  Okay, let's be honest, I definitely don't own a red bathing suit with the leg holes cut all of the way up to my armpits, because let's be honest, I'm not exactly Baywatch worthy.  But I did have my jeans and a red t-shirt on...practically the same thing.  But I digress...
 So my puppy (9 months old and 60 lbs of pure fluffiness) has been really stressed out with all of the commotion going on around the house...what with the contractors streaming in and out, delivery people coming and going and us moving upstairs and vacating our bedroom and all of the contents of our room and bath strewn about the house... it's enough to drive a pup to do crazy things.  
 Our pool cover just came off about a week ago, Lola regularly goes out and chases rabbits and squirrels but has pretty much ignored the pool. Welp, apparently she decided it would be a lovely day for a dippy doo.  I can just hear her now..... (dog speak)  "hmmm  that big green pond looks like something fun to romp in"  "I think I'll just jump in and cool off a bit, maybe retrieve the dead baby possum, squirrel (oops too soon to use the word Possum). that may or may not be floating around in there".   Soooo, I was inside working (looking at HOUZZ website, don't judge!)  and I thought, to myself, "self, Lola has been out long enough to dig up my herb garden, better go bring her inside.  Low and behold, I open the door and see my PUPPY clinging to the side of deep end of the pool and panting very hard!!  It didn't all fully register...I grabbed for my phone to take a picture! I'm a horrible mother!!! I thought to my self " self, that damn dog has discovered the pond, and now I can never let her out on her own again."  And THEN it registered....SHE IS CLINGING TO THE SIDE OF THE POOL.....SHE GOING TO DROWN!!!"  DANNY IS GOING TO KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'M A HORRIBLE MOTHER!!!   I mean, she doesn't know what stairs are...of course she wouldn't know how to get out of the pool.  So I had to pull my now 200lb sopping wet, drowning and very scared puppy out....OH my Lord how long has she been in here!!!!???? She's going to look like Pamela Anderson  what with all of the chlorine (shock) that is in the cess pool.  So, to add insult to injury, I had to humiliate her a little more by making her jump up on a lounge chair for all of the neighbors see her nakedness and getting decontaminated.  On a side note:  I finally found my phone, it had somehow found it's way down my RED t-shirt and stuck to my less than flat belly.   So, while I may not be Baywatch bathing suit worthy, I can damn sure save a life, for realz!  I would have given her mouth to muzzle resuscitation if it was necessary.  I love my doggy! 

No comments: